Three Steps to join and maintain your membership
1. Enroll in, participate in, and graduate from one of our acclaimed 5 day workshops.
2. Attend new member orientation following completion of the workshop.
3. Maintain active membership by giving back to your community through volunteering a minimum of 16 hours a month to help run OPEN (e.g. attending and participating in OPEN meetings). There are many volunteer opportunities at OPEN: we are operated entirely by volunteers.
OPEN Members receive many Benefits
- There is never a fee for OPEN services
- Networking with members and alumni gives access to people in fields and firms you want to connect with
- Workshops covering the topics you need to enhance your search, including
- job search strategies
- letter and resume writing
- interviewing techniques
- Negotiating skills
- Resume evaluations (we call ’em “scrubs”) and mock interviews
- LinkedIn profile coaching and professional image consulting
- Exclusive access to OPEN member forums, job posts, and career fairs
- Special Guest Speakers and Presenters
- Support from other outstanding professionals who are in similar situations
- Special EDD-provided resources for EU members include computers with Internet connections, laser printers and FAX machines, photocopier, phones (calls to anywhere in the continental US) and access to job listing for State, Federal, City, County, University, School Districts and Health Care Industries.
We love to hear from OPEN alumni. If you move, change jobs, change e-mail addresses, etc., email us at email@example.com so we may keep in touch.
Come to our meetings to mix and network with other alumni and with current members. Check the OPEN calendar for dates and locations.
non-member Guest Information
Guests are always welcome to join us at our Friday meetings. To find out when we meet, click on the link to see the OPEN calendar.